Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is the third Star Trek TV series and is set in the Milky Way galaxy, late 24th century. Unlike the two previous series, Deep Space Nine was based on a starbase instead of a starship. The USS Defiant, a starship, was introduced in the third season, but the starbase remained the primary setting of the series.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine aired from January 3, 1993 to June 2, 1999. It was the only Star Trek series to air simultaneously with another Star Trek series throughout its entire run, airing with Star Trek: The Next Generation during 1993 and 1994, and then with Star Trek: Voyager from 1995 to 1999. Demand for a blu-ray release of the series has been met with resistance from Paramount/CBS due to sales of the TNG blu-ray releases. There is a Facebook petition to support this cause.
- Commander Benjamin Sisko acted by Avery Brooks
- Kira Nerys acted by Nana Visitor
- Constable Odo acted by Rene Auberjonois
- Julian Bashir acted by Alexander Siddig
- Jadzia Dax acted by Terry Farrell
- Worf acted by Michael Dorn
- Miles O'Brien acted by Colm Meaney
- Jake Sisko acted by Cirroc Lofton
- Quark acted by Armin Shimerman
- Ezri Dax acted by Nicole de Boer