Star Trek: The Animated Series is the first animated incarnation of Star Trek. Set in the Milky Way galaxy during the 23rd century, it is the closest that comes to a direct sequel to Star Trek: The Original Series. Many of the original cast voiced their animated counterparts and more.
Star Trek: The Animated Series aired from September 8, 1973 to October 12, 1974 on NBC. It ran for 2 seasons, airing 22 complete half-hour episodes. It received a Daytime Emmy award, the first for the Star Trek franchise.
- Captain James T. Kirk acted by William Shatner
- Mr. Spock acted by Leonard Nimoy
- Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy acted by DeForest Kelley
- Montgomery "Scotty" Scott acted by James Doohan
- Nyota Uhura acted by Nichelle Nichols
- Hikaru Sulu acted by George Takei
- Christine Chapel acted by Majel Barrett