Star Trek is a 2009 film and the eleventh film in the Star Trek franchise. It features one of the first Trek movie storylines occuring within an alternate reality timeline. Nominated for 4 Academy awards, it is the first Star Trek movie to win, for Best makeup.
A cataclysm in the 24th century throws two ships back in time to the 23rd century, altering the course of history. With a different life where he never knew his father, James T. Kirk becomes a brilliant yet cynical misfit. He is finally convinced to join Starfleet by Captain Christopher Pike in 2255. Three years later, Kirk, Vulcan First Officer Spock, and the young crew of the new USS Enterprise, with guidance from Spock's future self, must face a dangerous enemy, the future Romulan known as Nero. The young crew must figure out a way to work together to prevent Nero from destroying the Federation in a mad quest for vengeance.
- Chris Pine as Captain James T. Kirk
- Zachary Quinto as Spock
- Leonard Nimoy as Spock Prime
- Eric Bana as Nero
- Karl Urban as Lieutenant Commander Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy
- Zoe Saldana as Lieutenant Nyota Uhura
- Anton Yelchin as Ensign Pavel Chekov
- John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
- Simon Pegg as Lieutenant Commander Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
- Bruce Greenwood as Rear Admiral Christopher Pike